So I’m doing this thing. Turning 30. That’s me. Aging. Developing wrinkles, and thin skin under my eyes. I’m in total denial about it. Like massively. See once you hit 30 it’s like you’re expected to be a grown up for real. Big time. Soooo not ready for all that business. I still want to be young and carefree.
But it’s coming up. Quickly. In just over a month, I will be the big 3-0. I’ll still be pretending I am 29. So let’s not go telling everyone about this. Seriously 30 is 10 years away from 40. What. The. Fuck. Pardon my language, normally I think swearing on my blog is not ok, but I am so not ready to be halfway through my life. Not at all.
So, I’ve developed a list. A lot of people I like and admire have been doing these lists as well. So I’m doing one too. It’s like a rite of passage. Or more like a hope that I can do something meaningful with myself before I become a real grown up.
Is it weird that I still feel the same as I did when I was 16? Well except all of the aches and pains. That parts new.
So here is my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. Most of them are food related. Or food-love-job related. I need to find a way to make food or writing about food or working with food my career. Like NOW. Want to start a food magazine with me? That sounds fun. I’m now taking donations to become self-employed. I’ll keep you stocked in sweets and treats.
Some of these are small easy things I keep forgetting about. Some are huge lofty goals, which more then likely I will not accomplish, in the few short months before I exit my 20’s for good. Sad day. But it’s good to have goals. Right? And I have checked off a few already since I first made the list. Yeah me!
1. Make a soufflé.
2. Redesign my website.
3. Find a way out of my job.
4. Create a small business plan.
5. Start food blog.
8. Enter Iron Cupcake.
9. Make baking business cards.
10. Make crème brûlée.
11. Learn to refinish my dresser.
12. Learn to sew.
13. Make my own cookbook by hand.
14. Make a perfect poached egg.
15. Mail baked goods to 15 long lost friends.
16. Make a wedding cake. Scheduled. Doing it.
17. Eat at L’Etoile.
18. Plan a vacation to the west coast.
19. Read 19 new books.
20. Take 20 GOOD artistic photographs. Not of food.
21. Organize my computer.
22. Watch every movie someone suggests from now until I turn 30.
23. Spend a night partying like it’s 1999.
24. Scan all of my old photos.
25. Make this beautiful cake for someone’s birthday.
26. Make a duo of homemade cheeses, ricotta and mascarpone.
27. Make homemade dog biscuits.
28. Take a cooking class.
29. Develop an exercise routine I can stick to.
30. Choose a cookbook and make every recipe in it.
So that’s it. My list. I’ll keep you posted on my progress on it. Oh by the way, did you see number 15? This is where you come in. Here’s your chance to get some goodies. I have about 10 people picked out already that I want to send baked goods to, but you could be one of the remaining five!! Just leave a comment on this post and you might get sweet treats!! I’ll be taking the first 5 people so do it now!
And I’ll keep you posted on how my list is going. I have a feeling this list will turn into 30 things to do in my 30th year. So is life.